Junior Grants Manager
Are you looking for a company where you can work with talented colleagues to contribute to our core purpose – to help our organization do amazing things? If you like solving challenges and want to work on mission-oriented programs, you will thrive in our collaborative environment that encourages innovation, fosters inclusivity, and appreciates you and your contributions when you deliver and grow the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organization
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results.
- Directly involve in grant writing by coordinating with grant writers or coordinators
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record.
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Analyze the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants.
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization’s progress.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities.
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements.
- 2-4 years Grants Management experience
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Strong command over written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good understanding of the organization’s overall business and its objectives
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to the junior staff.
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet.
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Professional level skills in both oral and written communication
Transferable Skills and Traits:
- Coachable – receptive to feedback and swift on implementing suggestions
- Unflappable – the capability to navigate unexpected challenges with grace and come up with thoughtful solutions; you fully embrace a ‘we-will-figure-it-out’ mindset in chaos
- Resourceful – eager to learn more and develop skills you may not have; and ability to learn new systems quickly and a thirst to learn independently
- Innovative – willing to challenge the status quo, push boundaries, and suggest improvements to existing processes
- Excellent Writing Skills – ability to synthesize, be concise, use the active voice, proofread and edit
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills – ability to collect and analyze relevant information, problem-solve, and make rational decisions
- Prioritization Skills – ability to sequence tasks in order of terms of importance; and willingness to pivot if more important tasks arise
- Rapport Builder – having a natural ability to build candid, honest relationships with our clients and colleagues
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a strong team in a high-energy environment where performance is actively measured, recognized, and rewarded. If you are drawn to a fast-paced environment with ambitious goals, please begin the consideration process by submitting your application for review today.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values our employees and enjoys a high employee retention rate. Please visit us at www.power52.org.