Career Development Specialist
The Career Development Specialist will be responsible for the identification and qualification of employment opportunities for Power52 Energy Institute Graduates. The Career Development Specialist connects top corporations in need of entry level talent with high-potential. She/He will be responsible for developing partnerships, identifying potential partnerships, managing partner relationships, placing graduates with partners and ensuring that graduates have employment access that ensure that they continue to perform and develop their professional skills.
As a successful candidate, you will be a polished self-starter who can drive efforts and lay a strong foundation for securing and sustaining high numbers of strategic partnerships, job placements, and professional development for Power52 Energy Institute Trainees/Graduates. As an ideal candidate, you will be able to leverage existing and new resources as need be. You will likely also have demonstrated sales experience in a mission-driven social enterprise, exhibiting great confidence and flexibility in high-paced start-up environments.
In keeping with Power52’s core values, the Career Development Specialist will also have the opportunity to interact with trainees, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Identify and develop new and existing industry partnerships and placement opportunities for Power52 Energy Institute.
- Work with Case Managers and Power52 team to develop and implement strategic plan for trainee placement.
- Plan and Coordinate Speed Interviewing Day with Employment Partners and Craft Instructor for the Trainees.
- Work with Craft Instructor to schedule industry spotlight Speaking visits.
- Research and attend conferences and networking events related to partnership opportunities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:(as listed, but are not limited to the following)
- Successfully meet strategic partnerships and job placement goals by generating a scalable corporate partner pipeline and developing a sales strategy that will secure job placements in volume
- Conduct research and market analysis to identify and pursue possible new partnerships in existing and emerging market sectors
- Manage all aspects of corporate partner communications strategies and provide responsive and high-quality customer service.
- Other duties as assigned
Program Development Input
- Work with curriculum development, program staff, and strategic partners to collect requirements and feedback in order to support the identification of courses that will ensure participants are well-prepared for success in the workplace
- Coordinate with partners and Power52 Team to strategically match trainees/graduates, train managers, conduct site visits, execute corporate partner engagements and stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure that a high support, high expectation, high service model is integrated into the development of the position
- Display a willingness to “get things done” while cultivating and sustaining a trusting and nurturing environment for staff, staff, and key stakeholders. Have a thorough understanding of the concept “Where the Rubber Meets the Road”.
- Must be prepared to HIT the GROUND RUNNING!
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience required
- 2-3+ years of experience in Business Development preferred; all, or the majority
- Experience in sales, staffing, recruiting or other human capital related services, a plus
- In depth knowledge of the local corporate landscape and employment trends
- Ability to leverage existing relationships in the local business community
- Demonstrated ability to generate and sustain partnerships
- Documented strengths in meaningful relationship building, management and growth
- A consummate networker who is able to move comfortably and credibly in the community
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Ability to collaborate across teams to support students and resolve issues
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of direction
- Ability to plan, introduce and lead a process that enables high quality growth
- Ability to lead, willingness to be led, and comfortable with situational leadership
- Exemplary skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and Excel required
- Knowledge of Apricot preferred
- A passion for working with urban adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Power52.
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Comfortability to speak in front of small and large audiences
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $55,000.00/year based on experience
All employees, and trainees are required to wear a mask and take temperature when entering the building. Common surfaces are sanitized regularly.
To apply PLEASE SUBMIT cover letter and resume toINFO@POWER52.ORG
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com